- All athletes are expected to attend every scheduled practice. Only an illness serious enough to keep the athlete home from school, school-related events or a family emergency is a legitimate excuse for missing a practice. But, regardless of the reason, if an athlete misses an excessive number of practices, her playing time may be affected.
- IF AN ATHLETE CANNOT BE AT PRACTICE, SHE MUST CALL THE COACH. It is the athlete’s responsibility (not the parents) to reach the coach BEFORE practice starts. A player who does not communicate with their coach about a missed practice, or who misses a practice for an unacceptable reason (see Rule #1), will sit out at least the first match of the next competition event she attends. The athlete must contact the coach directly at his/her home or work number or email address.
- An injured athlete who can attend school is expected to attend practice, even if she cannot physically participate in practice. She needs to be there to support her team and be available to help where she can.
- Scheduled practice time is a start time. Athletes should arrive early, not less than 15 minutes before start time to get dressed and help set up nets. The athlete must be dressed and completely ready for practice by start time.
- If an athlete is late arriving for practice, she must change into her practice gear, report to her coach and explain why she is late. The coach, in his/her discretion, will determine if any corrective action needs to be taken.
- Athletes are encouraged to bring water, in an unbreakable container, to practice and tournaments. Absolutely no glass containers are allowed. Clean up all bottles, etc after you are done with practice.
- NO FOOD, NO DRINKS AND NO CHEWING GUM ARE ALLOWED IN ANY PRACTICE FACILITY.
- Athletes need to have volleyball shoes, which are carried to practice and worn only for practice. This is to assure that the courts remain clean.
- Horseplay or ball handling in the lobby of practice or competition area is not allowed.
- Inappropriate language or violent behavior directed towards any club member is violation of the Rule of Nebraska Impact VBC, and will be dealt with per the guidelines under that rule. A coach has the right to dismiss any player from practice for this behavior even though they have not received their written warning per the Rules of Nebraska Impact VBC. A letter will follow the practice dismissal describing the events that led up to the dismissal.
- Specialty clinics will be held throughout the season. The purpose of these clinics will be to focus on a particular skill or position. Participation in these clinics may be mandatory at the request of your coach.
- All athletes are required to wear Nebraska Impact VBC apparel to practice. If your team has more than one color shirt, make sure that everyone knows which color to wear on which practice days. Each team is required to wear the same practice t-shirt at practice.
- Teams will arrive at the playing site at least 45 minutes prior to their first match for refereeing and one hour for playing the first match.
- All players are required to wear Nebraska Impact VBC issued warm ups upon entering and leaving the gym. All players must also match practice t-shirts at tournaments or any other volleyball related function.
- Proper demeanor is expected of all members of the Club (athletes, parents and supporters) at all tournaments. This includes treating members of the officiating crew and opposing team with respect.
- All athletes are expected to attend every tournament. If any athlete cannot be a tournament, they must inform the coach as soon as they know they will be absent.
- Athletes may not leave a tournament site until excused by the coach.
- When team travels, all athletes will lodge with their respective teams.
- When traveling, athletes may not leave the hotel area at any time without permission from their coach or chaperone.
- When traveling, an athlete who damages any property at lodging or playing facility will be personally responsible for damages.
- When traveling, any athlete found in possession of alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs will be sent home immediately at the expense of the parent or guardian.
VIOLATION OF ANY TOURNAMENT EXPECTATIONS MAY RESULT IN THE ATHLETE BEING ASKED TO LEAVE THE CLUB DEPENDING ON THE EVALUATION OF THE SITUATION BY CLUB DIRECTOR.
- Parents should refrain from any unsportsmanlike conduct that could embarrass the club or penalize a team.
- Parents are asked to refrain from coaching or otherwise distracting any player on the team including the coaching staff.
- Parents shall not survey other parents about coaching decisions.
- Parents will not be permitted to discuss coaching philosophies with the coaches at a tournament. If a parent is upset about something with a team, he/she will abide by the “24 Hour Rule” and wait 24 hours before discussing the matter with the coach.
- Every Nebraska Impact VBC team shall have a team parent. This parent will make sure the coach has everything needed from the team’s parents. This parent will be in charge of making sure each member of the team has a list of everyone’s contact information. The team parent is usually asked to be the team chaperone as well.
VIOLATION OF ANY PARENT EXPECTATIONS WILL RESULT IN PARENT NO LONGER BEING ABLE TO ATTEND PRACTICE OR TOURNAMENTS OR MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL OF THE PLAYER FROM NEBRASKA IMPACT VBC.